FACILITIES & SERVICES
A few years ago, by design, we reduced our resident mare numbers to around 40 top quality full time resident broodmares. In addition we have around 50 young, commercial mares off the track, which then get sold the following year at the major breeding stock sales.
All our foals are handled from day one, fitted with head collars, and taught to lead beside their mothers. Once weaned they're reared on undulating pastures in groups of 5 or 6 and are then prepared for and sold at the major sales.
Our pasture improvement program is designed by leading agronomist, Ross Watson. The results can clearly be seen by our graduates both on the racetrack and in the sale ring.
In addition to the main homestead, 5 well appointed staff houses are provided for 24 hour care from our dedicated workers.
At Willow Park you have access to the 30+ years experience that Glenn brings to the table as an independent bloodstock advisor (including 20 years at leading Australian bloodstock auction house William Inglis where he managed the Bloodstock Department).
Foals produced from matings that Glenn has planned for client mares include:
- BUFFERING (2007 b g Mossman - Action Annie, by Anabaa). 20 wins & $7,256,468. Six time Gr 1 winner.
- STAR WITNESS (2007 ch h Starcraft (NZ) – Leone Chiara, by Lion Hunter). Champion 3YO Male in Australia in 2010-11. 4 wins and $1,202,200. Dual Gr 1 winner.
- SAMANTHA MISS (2005 b m Redoute’s Choice – Milliyet (NZ), by Zabeel). Champion 3YO Filly in Australia in 2009. 7 wins-2 at 2- and $1,780,510. Triple Gr 1 winner
- COSMIC ENDEAVOUR (2010 b f Northern Meteor - Crevette, by Danehill). 7 wins & $1,447,280. Dual Gr 1 winner.
- BOUNDING (2010 b f Lonhro - Believe'n'succeed, by Exceed and Excel). 8 wins. Gr 1 winner.
- NECHITA (2009 b f Fastnet Rock - Artistique, by Peintre Celebre (USA)). 3 wins & $427,800. Gr 1 winner.
- ANAMATO (2003 b m Redoute’s Choice – Voltage, by Whiskey Road (USA)). 4 wins &$975,728. Gr 1 winner.
- RUSSETING (2004 b br Commands – Granny Apple, by Bluebird (USA)). 9 wins & $545,570. Gr 1 winner.
- ZERO ROCK (2005 b/br m Danzero - Broc’n’roll, by Brocco (USA)). 11 wins &$894,050. Multiple stakeswinner & Gr 1 placed.
- SNITTY KITTY (2013 b f Snitzel - Lassiter's Cat, by Tale Of The Cat). 6 wins & $497,385. Gr 2 winner & Gr 1 placed.
- LARGO LAD (2004 b g Encosta de Lago – Lady Marion, by Danehill (USA)). 6 wins & $618,963. Gr 2 winner.
- ROMMEL (2011 b c Commands - I'mtoogoodtobetrue (USA), by Good And Tough). 4 wins & $493,350. Gr 2 winner.
- SONIC QUEST (2002 br g Quest for Fame (GB) – Ladore Magic (NZ), by Kingdom Bay). 6 wins & $367,250. Gr 2 winner.
- NOT A SINGLE CENT (2015 b c Not A Single Doubt - Busking, by Encosta De Lago). 1 win & $123,050. Gr 2 winner.
- ANISE (2008 b f General Nediym – Pimpinella, by Flying Spur). 2 wins & $246,670. Gr 3 winner.
- MEARAS (2003 b h Redoute’s Choice – Eldarin, by Marauding (NZ)). 2 wins & $154,875. Gr 3 winner.
- ALWAYS CERTAIN (2006 b g Not A Single Doubt – Akarana, by Akabeer (USA)). Champion Older Horse in Singapore in 2011 (Long). 8 wins & S$1,067,294.
- ANATINA (2010 b f Fastnet Rock x Quack, by Magic Ring). 4 wins & $355,510. Multiple stakeswinner and Gr 1 placed.
- BLACK MINX (NZ) (2005 br m Lonhro – Faith Hill, by Danehill (USA)). 5 wins at 2 & $293,140. Multiple stakeswinner.
- CREVETTE (2002 br m Danehill (USA) - Twiglet, by Twig Moss (FR). 4 wins & $215,130. Multiple stakeswinner.
Breeding can be a thorny enterprise. Every breeder knows there are good years and bad. You can, however, increase your odds of success and profit by ensuring you have an objectively positioned professional assisting you in your mare selection and annual matings then making sure the resulting progeny are given the very best start in life.
Glenn's bloodstock background has produced the following success stories for Willow Park clients:
- BELIEVE’N’SUCCEED cost $420,000 off the track. Her first service fee was $24,000, the resultant foal - BOUNDING - made $425,000 as a yearling, is a Gr. 1 winner and was sold for $1.9m off the track. Believe'n'succeed was subsequently sold in 2014 for $1.1m.
- LADY MULAN cost $380,000. 7 yearlings out of the mare sold for $2.37m from total service fees of $434,000.
- APPAREL cost $300,000. 8 yearlings out of the mare sold for $2.28m from total service fees of $370 000.
- QUACK was purchased as a tax mare with a foal at foot for under 6 figures. The foal at foot made $105,000 as a yearling & the foal she was carrying made $80,000 as a yearling. She was then sent to a $45,000 stallion with that resultant foal making $460,000 as a yearling. Named ANATINA that foal went on to become a Group 1 placed dual stakeswinner.
- DORA MAAR - 8 yearlings sold for $3.3m from total service fees of $270,000.
- ELDARIN - 3 yearlings sold $1.92m from total service fees of $112,000. Following this she was then sold for $2m empty.
- PARIS NIGHTS - Was bought as a tax mare in foal to General Nediym for $35,000. The resultant foal made $220,000 then her next 2 foals made $390,000 from $50,000 in total service fees.
- ACUPUNCTURE - Was purchased privately in NZ for $35 000. Her first mating cost $45,000 and the yearling made $730,000. Her following 4 foals sold for $1.23m from total service fees of $152,000 she was put in foal to a $60,000 stallion and sold on for $220,000.
- NOESIS - Cost $200,000 off the track. Her 5 yearlings sold for $1.98m, from a total service fee outlay of $341,000.
- HOW ABOUT THAT - Cost $170,000. 4 yearlings sold for $930,000 from total service fees of $152,000 and then the mare herself sold for $330,000.
- MILLIYET - 5 yearlings sold for $3.23m from total service fees of $853,000.
- ZEBIZAN - 8 yearlings sold for $1.705m from total service fees of $319,000.
- QUACK IT - Cost $7,000 off the track. Her 4 yearlings sold for $1.29m, from total service fees of $209,000.
- SECRET GIFT - Cost $85,000. Her 6 yearlings sold for $1.15m from total service fee outlay of $262,000.
- COUNTY MAYO - Cost $150,000. Six of her progeny sold for $1.11m, from total service fees of $211,750.
- FLUFFY DUCK - Cost $100,000. 5 yearlings sold (2 of which are stakeswinners) for $955,000 from total service fee outlay of $247,000.